The CAPM certification exam prep class is a 3 day class and gives you the 23 PDU hours required to qualify to sit for the exam. Getting the CAPM certification also puts you on a project management career path and is the perfect stepping stone to getting the PMP certification. The CAPM gives you many advantages:
- The main advantage is that you do not need the 4500 hours of project management experience that you need to qualify to sit for the PMP exam.
- It covers the same topics as the PMP certification exam prep class but to a lesser level of detail
- As such potential employers recognize that persons with the CAPM have the knowledge and skills to perform well as junior project managers.
- This gives the individual a chance to gain the 4500 hours of experience so as to be able to qualify to sit for the PMP exam
- Also if you are a CAPM then you do not need the 35 PDU hours of PMP education to qualify to sit for the PMP exam in the future.
- It is definitely worth considering the CAPM certification because of the above advantages